History

The initial company development

The coach terminal has been built and put into the service in 1964. The initial project of the coach terminal complex has been developed in the former design institute Latgiprogo-stroj (“Латгипрогострой”) from 1960 to 1962.

Since Latvia regained its independence, there has been a need to develop the operation of the Riga Coach Terminal in line with the capital city’s status, allowing it to serve local, regional and international coach runs.

By 1997 the building belonged to the national coach company Nordeka. On September 11, 1997 the Latvian Privatization Agency (LPA) made a decision to restructure Riga coach terminal and its buildings into a privatized public joint-stock company Riga International Coach Terminal.

In the year 2000, the privatisation of the coach terminal was completed, transforming it into a privatised state joint-stock company. The coach terminal is located at the city’s historical and economic centre, next to the Central Market and the railway embankment.

Currently, Riga International Coach Terminal is one of the most important transportation hubs in the country. It was registered in the Ministry of Transport Coach terminal register, and its core business is providing services to passengers and land passenger transportation companies. The relations of the coach terminal with carriers are regulated by mutually concluded agreements, the terms of which are based on the laws of the Republic of Latvia, regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers and normative acts of other state institutions.

The Management Board of the JSC Riga International Coach Terminal operates under the statutes and decisions made at the shareholders’ meeting. According to the coach terminal development concept, the Management Board’s task is to develop Riga International Coach Terminal as a modern passenger transfer and complex service point in the European passenger transport network.

AS "Rīgas starptautiskā autoosta", Prāgas iela 1, Rīga, LV-1050.
Positive SSL Wildcard